Total student population
Marquette is a home away from home for nearly 11,300 undergraduate and graduate students.
The university's excellent reputation draws students from nearly every state and 72 countries.
Fall 2016 enrollment statistics
- Undergraduate enrollment: 8,238
- Graduate and professional enrollment: 3,056
- TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 11,294
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1*.
- The average lower-division class size is 36.
- The average upper-division class size is 27.
* Based on data from fall 2015
Class of 2020 (first-year students)
- 2,002 enrolled students
- 55 percent female and 45 percent male
- 71 percent are from out of state
Class of 2020 high school rank
- 32 percent in the top 1–10 percent
- 23 percent in the top 11–20 percent
- 20 percent in the top 21–30 percent
- 14 percent in the top 31–40 percent
- 6 percent in the top 41–50 percent
Visit our freshman profile page for information about incoming freshman ACT and SAT scores.